Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Advent of November



Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Henry David Thoreau

I find this quote most appropriate having had the privilege to spend a mid weeks November day on my home waters under optimum conditions for the 3rd time in 2 weeks. Numerous times throughout the day I found myself enthralled by the emerald green of the river, the crisp blue of a clear November sky, and the wintering colours of a fall buck. On the water to know me is to know a man possessed. It’s all about business. This early November day was a little different. Don’t get me wrong, I was on the river to deal my craft but yesterday was a very special day. I watched my friend land a world-class chromer, we discovered some new water, and we had many laughs! In my opinion a priceless day and Oh ya...we hammered the b'jesus out of em again ;O)


2 comments:

Trotsky said...

Twas a great day you fish freak.....I can't wait to fish Meaford again.
Later
Gene Gene the Chrome fighting machine.

Trotsky said...

Quoting HDT eh?.......Are a subversive?
I may have to start a file on you.....
If you end up in prison I will catch all the fish.