Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New Toy



I have always been a fan of Islander Reels. As a matter of fact my main runner for my 13' GL3 has been a black IS that I will never part with. I had been sitting on the fence some time deciding when I was going to acquire a silver version when I heard rumour of the green and slate grey limited releases for late in the 07 calender. Having recently liberated myself of a reel from my collection I decided to do some electronic leg work and try to secure a Slate Grey version. I was fortunate to run across a terrific Islander Dealer out of Ohio who secured one for me. I picked it up this morning and must say I was pleasantly surprised at how aesthetically appealing this version is. I have said it numerous times and will continue to do so...The IS is the best all around production centre pin on the market. If I had to rid myself of all my reels the Islanders would be the last to go. I hope to break it in tomorrow. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Trotsky said...

You are a homo

lambton said...

:0)
You may be right. I have recently developed a love of Hazelnut Lattes with Bailey's and Kahlua.
I now own my own frother.
Oh Oh...

SD said...

It's no secret i have a few 'Pins. 3 PS's & 6 IS's later they remain my main stay out on the River.

They are the Stanton of our time IMO..

See you freaks in '08 !