Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Served...


I had the opportunity to fish a much anticipated MI East Side Trib this past weekend. I have developed a recent passion for the MI tribs and took up an invitation to fish the AuSable with a Huron Steelheading journeyman. My guide had grown up on the AuSable and has spent his fishing life chasing chrome throughout the state of MI. John P was one of the early noodle rodders of the GL steelheading scene working closely with Dick Swan back in the day. Although we didn't turn any fish we did share interesting conversation enveloped in a stunning MI winter scape. I thank John for his hospitality and company. The Huron National Forest is as equally impressive as the Manistee National Forest and the AuSable has the feel of the Big M on a marginally smaller scale. Another one of MI's gems. I truly anticipate my return...

7 comments:

lambton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lambton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lambton said...

What's that you say Re-mix master G?

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to go over to that river with my Dad to fish for Salmon, back when they used to actually run that river. I admire you for going and exploring uncharted waters, it is always a gamble, but worth undertaking in any case.

The 'West' coast is looking pretty good right now, and should be shaping up to a shade of prime soon. I think I will head to the Hesperia area sometime in the next two weeks, if you are up for it....

lambton said...

Thanks Joe. The AuSable is a wonderful river! From what I gathered it has lots of access and plenty of water to keep a few adventurous Canadians captivated.
As for the West Side...Your timing is impeccable. I was doing some internet leg work on the White River this afternoon at work. I actually started to dial the Hesperia Sport Shop phone number to get the latest update when I noticed the forecast for the next 3-4 days and opted to save the dime.
If you are heading over I would be more than interested and up for the trip. The White is truly a gem of a river. I only have a few days spent on her but they left a memorable impression.

Trotsky said...

If you guys go without me I will see to it that you are searched thoroughly on the way back.
;o)
Next week is spring break BTW...which translates to family time for me and border wait times out the wazzoo!!
Consider the following week and I am in.
I can taste the jerky shack now!!!

lambton said...

Norland...You are a wazzoo!!! A big flamin wazzoo! ;0)
BTW...There will be no Jerky left come next week at the M37 Meat Shop! WhoooooHoooooHa..ha..ha..ha..ha

JFL shoot me an email at lambton101@yahoo.ca to figure something out.