Sunday, May 01, 2011

Whore

This weekend I did not fish.  This weekend I whored myself out to the man for a couple of reasons.  First off the money on overtime borders the realm of ridiculous.  Secondly, and most importantly, I couldn't leave my guys hangin.  We were into a major outage and it looked like things were going to run hard into the weekend.  One side of me wanted to head up to the cottage and the river but my heart couldn't leave in good faith.  My heart was right.  After working 16 on Friday and 20 hrs on Saturday we managed to wrap it up and hand the unit over to operations.  I used to live for that shit and to be honest it was kinda fun getting out in the field with the boys.  They are good guys and work very hard.  The river will be there for me next weekend and I will be the tax man's best friend for a little while.  It's a f'd up world we live in.

1 comment:

Trotsky said...

Happy Birthday you plastic making POS!!!!
Will you by me a guitar with all the crazy OT money?