Saturday, November 23, 2013

-5...What?

I lost one today well into the teens...It was after 10-15 mins of pain.  Big hot fish in -5C  temps with driving snow squalls and big giant water is not for everyone.  I thought long and hard about chasing this fish but there really wasn't any real estate left.  I stood my ground and after what seemed an eternity I had to clamp down.  There was a fraction of a second where I actually thought I might turn this fish...That was followed by a sudden moment of silence...the GLX unloaded.  It was actually a relief...My hands were frozen to the point of intense pain and my shoulders were aching.  He won...got the better of a fresh 8lb flouro tippet.  Insane!!!!


4 comments:

Atlas said...

Wow man, breaking 8 lb flour, extraordinary! Would have loved to see him. Seems like an epic battle you had.

Mark Kautz said...

Must have been huge. Maybe next time.

Trotsky said...

Gay

JB said...

Zebra mussels probably got you, knowing where you like to fish. Had the same happen to me this week. Hope you got out today, I saw the water dropped substantially.